Monday, August 25, 2008

So today I did the lovely thing called taking a typing test (58wpm and 99% accuracy) and shopping. Huzzah for Wally-world. I didn't get anything special, besides clearing out some of their stock of polos, but I got the little things that I needed for travel. Yesterday Mom and I made a killing at Geoffry Bean- everything in the store was at least 50% off... so I ended up getting close to $300 of clothing for $137. And my new shoes from Bass were 30% off too.

As for making the travel arrangements- apparently the Kraft people are not very forthcoming on how we are to work things out. I need details like what nights of the hotel are they paying for, what time should I book my flights home, how's the car situation working, etc. So far Kelly (whom I'm hired by) and us traveling employees are highly confused. Oh well, hopefully everything will work out today, and I'll book the flight tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gosh, Kennie I am so excited for you for this job!! Chicago is a pretty cool town, so if you get a chance pop around downtown for some things to do. I haven't been in years, but I remember it being really fun!

As far as long-term lots...I know the one at BWI is about $8 a day (which isn't too bad but can add up quickly!). They have a shuttle that will take you from there right over to the terminal. Usually what I used to do if I had to drive myself to the airport to go home to WA was I would leave my car and take the shuttle but leave Leslie my spare key so she could pick my car up after a day or two. Then again, I was always gone for like a month when I did that!

Hope that helps! Good luck with your job and keep in touch!!! I'm going to go try to track down a screwdriver to put together shelves, since I don't have class on Monday! :-P

<3