Saturday, October 11, 2008

and the saga continues

The ongoing saga of the kennie kat job hunt continues. I will be a subsitute teacher for QA county by friday... woot $75/day jobs. I have applied to no less than 10 more jobs in the past 3 days...only 3 of which are in my field of study. I am still waiting to hear from the one job in DC with the ICAC.

But there is a new twist my friends...

Yesterday I get a call from a firm that works with Judy Diamond- an insurance research firm. I might have an interview with them next week. Pro- in DC. Con- insurance.

But wait there is more...

I get a call today (yes saturday) from the Cadmus Group. THE CADMUS GROUP. One of the leading environmental/energy/health firms in the nation. I applied yesterday (friday) around say 11:30 for the position of Executive Assistant/Resarch analyst. Today at 1pm I get a call for a phone interview to be held on Wednesday. They want someone pronto apparently. What makes the icing on this cake however, is that the CEO pulled my resume for the sheer reason that I went to Hood (see it does come in handy every so often), not because he went there or anything- but because he grew up in Frederick. I'm getting an interview because I know the town that the CEO grew up in and still loves. Odd- but I'll take it. Pro- awesome company. Con- I'll be moving to Mass (just out side of cambridge actually) if I get it.

Boston for St. Pats anyone?

No comments: